Random Thoughts on Friday



When the temperature is 111 degrees F, having a hose with running water in my hands makes me feel both fortunate and powerful. I'm not watering the entire yard, but it's a blessing to keep the New Dawn rose and the scarlet dahlias alive in the face of such extreme heat.




Note to commentators, financial and otherwise: Twitter is not going away.  It's a good service and does not take the time that Facebook does. Very practical, great for busy business folks, too. Stop making yourselves look silly by talking about its future demise.




I like Cameron Díaz, but in honor of the many good teachers I know, I am not going to see her latest movie, "Bad Teacher."  Something about that movie coming out when thousands of really good teachers are unemployed just takes all the humor away for me. I will take to heart, however, this quote from her bio:  "Your regrets aren't what you did, but what you didn't do.  So I take every opportunity."




National Resources Defense Council, a fantastic environmental support organization, has a board member that will match memberships and membership renewals up to $250,000. Join now for just $15, and the organization will realize $30. 



Next week:  greater blog coherence planned.

Comments