And So September

has come to us quietly on the Southern Plains. The light has "turned"--not turned a color, but simply turned, shifted. Its quality has changed. It is less dense than August light, more revelatory and less penetrating.

And, although I purchased a Nook and think it's both useful and cute, I continue to turn real pages in three-dimensional books, latest among them:

Isabella of Castile: The First Renaissance Queen by Nancy Rubin
The Message: Proverbs, one of my favorite books in the Bible.
Texas Highways Magazine
España Mística, Photographs by Ortiz Echagüe
The Ecstatic Kabbalah by Rabbi David Cooper
Lone Star Man by Harold Preece
The Shallows by Nicholas Carr
The Father of Spin: A Biography of Edward L. Bernays by Larry Tye

All great reads. Making me feel like I'm once again going back to school, learning and exploring.
And making good use of September light.

Comments

ceecee said…
That's quite a list. I'm completely undecided as to what I want to read next, which is the first time that's ever happened. The light is changing, as you said, so I think I'll just take advantage of it and keep my camera close.
I've e-mailed you.
Catherine xx
You will enjoy Texas Highways and Nicholas Carr. Your list makes me want to sit down to read!
Isabella de Castille is at the top of the list for a reason. IT IS FANTASTIC! Love Texas Highways--still a great piece of print art in a digitized world. Nicholas Carr's new book is a big wake-up call, no?