Skip to main content

A Poetic Gift for You

Time to celebrate National Poetry Month! My new 2010 Poetry Posters are a fun way to do just that. This year's poster features a poem that honors and celebrates families, our roots and our futures. If you would like to receive one, simply contact me through the contact link on this blog or at my Website, and I will send you one--anywhere in the world--as my gift to you.

I have two versions, one in English and one in Spanish. Please let me know which one you want. If you would like one of each, I will send you both. I am producing only 100 posters in each language. So, if you want one, the sooner you let me know, the better.

Enjoy National Poetry Month! Please feel free to share this offer with your friends and family. Celebrate your roots, your future, the people you love and the beautiful planet that sustains us in our life journeys. May many blessings be yours, and may poetry be present in your life every day.


Ya es hora de celebrar el Mes nacional de la poesía. Celébralo con mi nuevo cartelito de poesía para 2010. El poema en el cartelito es un testimonio a la importancia de la familia, el valor de nuestras raíces y las posibilidades de nuestros futuros. Si quisieras recibir uno, envíame un correo-e por medio de este blog o mi sitio Web. Te lo mandaré de regalo en cualquier lugar del mundo. Hay dos versiones, uno en inglés y otro en castellano. Por favor, avísame cuál prefieres o si quisieras recibir uno de cada idioma. Habrá solamente 100 impresos de cada versión, pues no demores en dejarme saber si deseas recibir uno.

Ya llega la primavera en el hemisferio norte y el dulce otoño en el hemisferio sur, estaciones de belleza y transición. Que celebres lo que más te importa en estos tiempos--tus raíces, tu futuro, tu familia y seres queridos, y el hermoso planeta que nos sostiene a todos. Que tengas muchas bendiciones y que nunca te haga falta la poesía en tu vida.


Image and text copyright Ysabel de la Rosa, all rights reserved.

Comments

Ysabella, que precioso te ha quedado!!. La foto maravillosa, y la poesía una delicia.

Me encantaría ponerla en casa y contemplarla, si es posible.

Un beso muy grande, artistaza.
Tati
jorge said…
Hace varios dias quería enviar esta misiva, pero no sabía como hacerlo. Si es que aún no ha sobrepasado l00 pedidos le agradecería me envíe uno de sus regalos. Que se necesita para acceder a uno? Me conmovió su poema. Para Ud. un ramillete de felicitaciones y gracias.
Jorge
Arequipa Perú
Hola, Jorge.
Gracias por sus palabras tan bonitas. Para recibir el cartelito, por favor envíeme un correo-e y dígame cual es su dirección en Arequipa, y se lo enviaré. Envíe el correo-e a
poetysa(arroba)yahoo(punto)com

Si tiene cualquier otra pregunta, puede hacer otro comentario por medio del blot y me pondré en contacto con usted.

Saludos y bendiciones,
Ysabel
Oops, quería decir blog, claro y ¡no blot! :-(
pat said…
Ysa, el nuevo poema es conmovedor y el "cartelito" quedó realmente hermoso.

Gracias por regalarnos palabras tan bellas.

Un abrazo desde la Patagonia Argentina,

Pat Melgar

Popular posts from this blog

Life without Television, Part 2

I began life without television with relief, which was consistent Monday through Friday. The first few weekends, though, felt awkward, anxious, lonely. When PBS has good programming on Saturday nights, it is extraordinarily good. Father Brown, Phryne Fisher, New Tricks... Extraordinary acting, high production values, and I fantasize about the pudgy, brilliant priest just perhaps having an innocent crush on one of his special parishioners, which would be moi. 

I called a friend one Sunday. "Maybe television helped with my anxiety more than I realized," I said. She told me about her aunt who, after her husband's death, kept the television on in his "man cave" 24/7. He has been gone years now. The television goes on, everlasting, in his absence. I don't blame her. Much of my frequent and prolonged television viewing began with grief.

After my sister died, I would watch almost anything, especially late at night when sleep eluded me. I even watched Convoy with …

Whose day?

Years ago, I made some collages using pages from a desk calendar from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The image that leads this post is one. Inside the hearts and flowers is a picture from the MMA collection of  a Japanese screen made in the 16th century. It is titled Tagasode, which means Whose sleeves?  The title comes from a 10th-century poem:


The fragrance seems even more alluring than the hue, Whose sleeves have brushed past? Or would it be this plum tree blossoming here at home?
Iro yori mo ka koso awaredo omohoyure tagasode fureshi ado no ume zo mo
The word haunts: tagasode. Whose sleeves? The question floats in my mind like a cloud on a still day. The sleeves materialize in my mind's eye. I hear them move through hushed air. I can imagine, though not name, the scent of the person to whom those sleeves belong. It's not unlike smelling the scent of your infant's clothes, or holding the perfume bottle that belonged to your mother...you don't need to open it... you know tha…

Glad to Hear It

This past week, Larry Wilmore and company mentioned Rachel Dolezol again on The Nightly Show. I don't remember who made the comment, but either Wilmore or one of the panelists said, "Did Rachel Dolezol do anything bad? No, she really didn't. Why did we get so uptight about that?" I was glad to hear it. Three cheers for being human.

I looked briefly at what's on Google currently about her and the now much-discussed Shaun White. I intend not to enter any of that fray mentally or verbally. I still maintain that humanity trumps color. We have a long way to go until we can leave our "paint by numbers" mentality behind, but we've made progress. Good changes can come, even in the midst of chaos and controversy. Maybe White and Dolezal will help us see that eventually.

As long as I'm here and continuing on the subject of color, I think I'm not alone in the fact that I don't like being called "white." As for my background, it includes …