'Scatalogue Time: How to Stop the Flood

I used to look forward to finding a catalogue or two in my mailbox in days of yore. It afforded me a few relaxed minutes of window-shopping or idea-cropping at the end of the day. Ah, those were the days.

N
ow, I receive 60 to 80 catalogues in the mail every week. Many merchants send duplicate catalogues within a two- to three-week timespan, while others have my name on duplicate lists that, for some reason, they do not purge. If your mailbox is overflowing with unwanted catalogues, there is HOPE. Go to Catalog Choice, where you can opt out of receiving any of the catalogues on their list. This is a free service, and kudos go to the participating merchants.

It takes very little time, and the site is easy to use. Save a tree! Or a small forest! Help businesses save on postage! Keep your mailbox clear for old-fashioned love letters, post cards from San Luis Potosí, and fan mail from your grandmother! We have a choice.

Comments