AP: Anonymous Photographer

Who dunnit?
The image was magnetic to my eye. If Whistler were here, he would wish that he had painted this photograph of Princes Harry and William after the Service of Thanksgiving for Princess Diana. The black background, with the princes' black jackets seeming to just barely emerge from it, was certainly worthy of Whistler or Sargent. It set off their facial coloring in a spectacular way. The picture was also special because it was candid; these were two faces in thought, not in picture. It was an AP photo--meaning Associated Press. I tried finding the image on the AP site . . . It's probably there somewhere for purchase, but I wasn't up to working my way through the maze. I don't understand why AP or perhaps my hometown newspaper would not include a photo credit. Whoever took this photo produced a work of art. So, whoever you are, wherever you are, Anonymous Photographer: well-done, very well-done indeed.

Comments