Your Poetic Gift is Ready and Waiting for You

National Poetry Month begins April 1. I have designed another poetry mini-poster for 2015. It features the poem, "Each into One," which was published in the anthology 
Her Texas. The beautiful photo on the poster is by David Li.

This poem has been with me for many years. Its inspiration came first from the Texas landscape. Later, I visited the land of the windmills of Don Quijote in central Spain, making the windmill a symbol of something far beyond utility, a kind of sculpture to the imagination and the sacred wildness of the human spirit. I always loved pinwheels, and the similarities of that colorful hand-held windmill and the great one towering over the plains provided rich metaphorical connections. 

I will mail you and/or a friend and/or a family member a poster as my gift to you during National Poetry Month. Anywhere in the world. These little (6 inches wide by 11 inches tall) ambassadors of poetry have traveled to Australia, Scotland, Spain, Mexico, Argentina, and Italy, not to mention many states in the US, in previous years. 

To receive a poster, just enter your name and mailing address (securely and privately) at postable.com/ysabeldelarosa.  All of your information remains private. I would never sell it. I don't even know how to do such a thing! 

Here it is, my 2015 Poetry Poster, "Each into One."



Comments