News and My New Blog: Not in that Order


I have started a new blog:  Getting Along with Grief.

Click here to read something about its purpose and rationale.  It seems to me that grief is in the air these days:  lost homes, tumbling economies, soldiers dying in Iraq and Afghanistan, or suffering injuries that are significant losses, citizens with more heart than weaponry dying to help their countries achieve governance in line with human rights--not to mention that guarantee we are given at birth. None of us stays on this earth forever.  When one of our loved ones leaves before we do, however, we have to keep going, keep living, and create meaning. And to do that, we have to learn to get along with grief, honestly and compassionately. Beginning in late May, I will announce monthly themes for content and contributions. See guidelines on the blog.

NEWS:  UPCOMING
April is National Poetry Month in the United States, and I will soon be printing my third annual Poetry Poster!  I'll post the new design on the blog as soon as it is ready. As many of you know, I will mail one free to you at your request.  So far, my little posters have traveled across the US and to Italy, Spain, Scotland, Argentina, and Mexico. I hope I'll get to add a country or two to the mailing list this year.

Also during National Poetry Month, I will be posting highlights on really great literary magazines that give voice to poets and poetry with style, vigor and integrity ....

So, prepárate for some showers of poetry this April, and stay tuned .....

Comments