Beginning 2016 ... Patiently, I Hope

I did little blogging last year due to my work schedule. After a long period of hurried pressure and working through weekends for months on end, it feels almost unnatural to let down and  rest up. Resting requires patience. I wonder if patience comes naturally to anyone, or if it is a learned virtue for all of us? 

For me, patience is like a house. If I can enter it and feel its quiet space around me, I start to feel better. January is a good time to have patience for winter storms, new and difficult beginnings, tougher subjects in one's school or life curriculum. Sometimes I turn to certain Buddhist writers when I feel the need to be reminded that patience is a sign of strength. My poem below is a result of recent reading and realizing that sometimes being still is the hardest thing to do. 

May your new year continue, with peace and patience. 


BIDDEN TO THE BODHI TREE

One man sitting dispells
demons


wins war within
self

casts light into dark
as shadows

grow within—without

      Let us hurry
Sound the call to
the mighty, the powerful
   and strong.

Cry out: Come quickly
and
sit
and
sit

The road is long



Comments